Friday, August 31, 2007

Testing Shell Advance 10W-40

Wednesday, August 29, 2007, I buy a brand new oil, that is Shell Advance VSX 10W-40. I am so curious about this oil, because it is cheaper a bit than the oil that I used before.

At 8.20 pm, I drain the oil and fill it with the new one.

Thursday, August 30, 2007, I test it on the way to the office. I turn on the engine and wait until it ready.

I run my scooter with my beloved wife. I dislike it power and torque, because it is not like before. The power has drop, I don't know the exact number, but I can feel it. While I'm riding my scooter, I can feel that the engine too hard to operate, may be if I remove some milliliter of the oil it will help out.

At 4.00 pm, I go to the parking line and see the oil gauge. Hem, I think I should do it right away to decrease the oil level. But I don't brought any tools right now, what should I do? Don't tell me that I should go home and do it on the garage. But I don't have any choice didn't I?

At 8.40 pm, in the garage, I decrease some amount of the oil. I don't like this way, because it riskying the engine life.

Friday, August 31, 2007, I test it again. This time the engine power is not like before, it increase. But still, I don't like it, I expect more than this. Should I decrease it again?

1 comment:

  1. Don't you ever install any parts before it solved!

    First you have to decrease the amount of oil and make sure it sign on the middle of the dipstick gauge.

    Use your scooter regularly.

    Based on my experience, it need two times oil change half of the dipstick until the power is back. Get used to it, OK.

    Or the fast way is, drain the oil, remove the cylinder head, check the piston oil ring, clean or change if needed. Check all the engine system, oil pump, engine bearing parts, etc. I doubt that you would do the fast way, right?

    ReplyDelete